The Purple Star Campus Designation is a special honor created by the 86th Texas Legislature through SB 1557.
Applicants must have met the following eligibility criteria:
- Designate a campus-based military liaison.
- Create and maintain an easily accessible web page that includes information on military-connected students and their families.
- Must have a campus transition program.
- Offer at least one of the following initiatives:
- A resolution showing support for military-connected students and families,
- Participation in Month of the Military Child or Military Family Month, or
- Partnership with a school liaison officer to encourage and provide opportunities for active duty military members