The Texas Education Agency (TEA) continues to work with the Office of the Governor, Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) to coordinate and plan the state’s response to COVID-19. We are also working closely with our JBSA partners.
This was not an easy decision to make, and we know this poses a hardship and inconvenience for many families. However, we are hoping this will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe. We will work with the Texas Education Agency (TEA) regarding whether the canceled days will need to be made up.
We will also continue our conversations with our local health authorities to make the best decisions for our students, parents and staff. Please continue to discuss prevention measures with your child.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water, and especially before you eat.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth until you’ve washed your hands.
- Use hand sanitizer temporarily until you can wash your hands with soap and water.
- Keep frequently touched objects and surfaces clean and disinfected.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Stay away from others if you’re feeling ill.
We will continue to keep you informed and let you know of any new developments through email notifications, social media and our website.