The goal of the Randolph Field Independent School District's Child Nutrition Department is to ensure that every student is offered nutritious, high-quality meals that support the essential link between nutrition and education. In addition, we focus on providing excellent customer service by qualified staff adhering to high sanitation and safety standards, utilizing cost-effectiveness and industry best-practices.
Menus at Randolph Field ISD feature whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and low-fat milk.
- The menu includes healthier versions of favorite entrees, such as turkey hot dogs on whole wheat buns, chicken nuggets with whole grain breading, and pizza made with low-fat cheese and turkey pepperoni. At breakfast the menu includes whole grain toast, muffins, and pancakes, turkey sausage, and reduced-sugar cereals.
- Seasonal fresh fruit is served as an option daily at breakfast and lunch. All juice served to students is 100% fruit juice.
- Lunch menus feature two vegetable selections daily, which rotate throughout the month to expose students to a wide variety of produce.
- Students are provided with a variety of low-fat and fat-free milk options to enjoy with their meal.
Secondary Menu Highlights
- Students are provided a vegetarian option daily in addition to the main entrée selection. Students also have the option of a variety of salads that are rotated throughout the week.